Sunday, April 23, 2006

Pizza, beer and olive-based in-jokes…

Pizza and beer is a rather good combination don’t ya think? Now if you add a good dose of olive-based in-jokes to the mix you have a recipe for jovial hilarity.

Firstly, let’s just establish the fact that in-jokes are funnier than your average “A horse walked in to a bar…” joke. There is no question about this and if you disagree with me you are wrong.

Secondly, I can’t write about particular in-jokes because if you weren’t there you simply won’t get it. I’m sure you’ve all had someone labour through a long story and get to the punch line that doesn’t seem to be very funny then follow it up with the obligatory “I guess you had to be there” spiel. So I won’t even go there.

The beauty and difficulty of in-jokes is that they’re hilariously funny to those that are in the know, yet boring and mundane to those who are simply told about it. So no, I’m not going to tell you the joke but I will, and have already made reference to it.

So I share a hearty laugh with the readers that actually get it…

Yes the olives, fuck that’s so funny I’m shitting my pants right now, Olives!! BAHAHAHA…

Everyone’s a comedian right? Just check out olive-eye below.

Dave had one olive, but feared where more might take him.

Jared wasn't having any of that olive shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment