Sunday, April 30, 2006

Thoroughly enjoying my life, thank you very much.

It all started around 8pm when I arrived at Monsoon Poon, fantastic name for a restaurant by the way. Due to my, and others stellar performance at work, dinner was on the bank. I had a prawn green curry which tasted great; I downed $30.00 worth of great wine which made everything feel very good indeed.

So with the lovely Hannah I proceeded to Katipo where we met up with Rebecca. There were a few bands playing and I got some good video.



The best band did covers of TV themes, stand out songs were ‘Happy Days’ ‘Knight Rider’ and ‘Batman’.
Hannah and I at Katipo Hilariously ran in to Tony O’Connor who is down from Pahia, he seemed glad to be having a bit of a rest from Pahia. Once the bands had done their thing I was introduced to James who is a workmate of Rebecca’s he seemed pretty cool.

So following some good conversation and a few Monteiths Celtics the decision was made to have a bit of a sing-song at the K-Bar. It was quite busy and they were playing the short versions of all the songs so no one was getting much stage time. This was probably a good thing as we were all pretty hammered by that stage, saying that we still managed to have a great time.

James, Rebecca, Me and Hannah
Rebecca and I


Rebecca singing 'Son of a preacher man' In fact we were having so much fun; I missed my bus home. This ended up not mattering because Hannah, who is awesome, now lives in town and even gave me a ride to the train station the next afternoon so that I was home in time to get ready for work.

All in all another fantastic weekend, which begs the question, why am I leaving this marvellous city come 16th of May?
Feeling a little hung over the next day.

1 comment:

  1. i had the same feeligns after visiting dunedin a week before coming over here, still not sure if it was worth it, but you'll have a f@$king good time, i can assure you of that.

    ReplyDelete