Sunday, March 12, 2006

Attention class, take out your spatulas…

Recipe: Warm Flat
- A simple dish that never fails to satisfy. An easy and delicious recipe that will impress your guests!

Ingredients:

- 30 ripe people
- 1 full keg

Method:
- Mix

Yes indeed ladies and gentlemen I went to the Brooklyn road flat warming on Friday night and yes there was a keg. Isn’t it funny how parties with kegs are always just that little bit messier. All sorts of shenanigans flourished, it was great. There was a solid amount of good conversation, the odd bit of dancing, and mix all that with a constant supply of alcohol and you have the makings of a very enjoyable evening.

My god, I was hung-over the next day, I slept over and I actually couldn’t move until about 12pm, I believe The Mill no brand keg was partly to blame. Fortunately there was test cricket on TV so we went about things at a gentlemanly test cricket pace. Guy finished off the keg-dregs and by the time the cricket was finished for the day I was ready for food. I like to wolf it down… fried rice that is, sweet.

As we were all pretty wasted the next evening a good dose of board games was in order, Scene It and Travel Trivia took us through to 1.30am when I finally took my leave of the good hospitality of Brooklyn road and proceeded home...

3 comments:

  1. It is funny how a keg can really bring people together. Stu had a party or two while he was down here, and man.... People you've never met and perhaps wouldn't even talk to if you had a choice and wouldn't even at a regular party... The keg, friends, gives off a warming glow that just makes you all want to hug and dance and get fucked.

    Kegs - I approve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of the kegs also, perhaps i should have one over here... it may just keep the cold away

    Stu Nebula

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are scene it and travel trivia,they sounds like some pretty lame boardgames, just wait until your introduced to some classy english ones

    ReplyDelete