Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Bright Abyss indeed...

So yeah I went to the St James theatre on Friday night, there just happened to be a show on and I just happened to have tickets, how very convenient, how very… cosmopolitan, bourgeois almost. With mixed emotions, I saw an imaginatively comic acrobatic display that at times reminded me of the hilarious Arlecchino character in Italian Commedia dell'Arte and at times made me feel nostalgic and want to go back to Otago and ‘Lunch Time Theatre’. It was directed by and also starred James Thiérrée, a Chaplin progeny, yes that Chaplin.

Following the theatre I met up with Natalie in Jet, we had a few drinks and hung out there for a while then we moved on to Vespa lounge – and yes it does have a Vespa scooter strung up on the wall, not to mention relatively good couches too. The night was a cold and blustery one, so I was warm and safe in bed by 2am.

Saturday, I watched the weekends sporting loses, Hurricanes, Blackcaps etc. and decided that it was cold outside and tonight was to be a video night. I watched Constantine with Dad, notably there was minimal sighing and reading of the news paper, he even made pop-corn! Is there anything he can’t do?! Davey called later on so we caught a late movie about the first Gulf War called Jarheads; it was pretty good and confirmed everything I already thought about being an American soldier.

All in all a very cultured and civilised weekend… werid.

No comments:

Post a Comment