Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sport was the winner on the day.

Super 14 rugby has really kicked off with three wins on the trot to the mighty Hurricanes; this makes me happy because I put $20 on them to win the competition. Andy thinks the Chiefs will win, however Andy is a very sadly mistaken Englishman. In fact its mistakes like this that cost the English the Empire and Andy is proof that to this day they still haven't learned a thing.

Speaking of the English, they got spanked by Scotland; I imagine this makes Sion very happy.

In cricketing news, the Black Caps also continued their dominating form verses the West Indies, kudos to Nathan Astle for the ton and the catch that will probably be shown on countless replay reels in cricket playing countries. In other news I’m going to Jamaica for the world cup in March 2007, Tony and Guy you better start saving.

Right, I promise that is all I’ll say about sport.

Not to be over-shadowed it was Lauren's birthday, yes THAT Lauren. I was introduced to her father as THAT Ben - both of our reputations apparently precede us. She turned 26 I think, I'm not sure I was rather intoxicated. A load of people went to Cafe Istanbul, the food I got was really quite crap, lets rename it Cafe Load-of-Bull, good, now I feel better. Fortunately there was plenty of alcohol to drink so our spirits were high.

Following dinner we wandered around and eventually found ourselves at Chow, Rebecca and I chatted at length about things I can't remember and Lauren played the drunken birthday girl and got drunk and went home early.

And that’s about it…

No comments:

Post a Comment