Friday, February 10, 2006

Google is more scary than your mum...

So I thought to myself, I wonder what happens if I search for myself on Google, as I expected there is a gazillion "Bens" in the world so I decided to search under the most common pseudonym that I use during my travels on the web. My first response went something like this "Oh my F-ING GOD!" Two pages of Google results and every click pointed to something that I've done whether it be an old forum post somewhere, an online auction I bid on, this blog, hell! Even my seti@home results are there for the world to see!

My second response went something like this "Oh my F-ING GOD! There is no such thing as privacy".

My online life, right there for anyone to see or browse through with the right search term, that's scary as hell man!

My third respose went something like this “I have to get some more (and preferably common) pseudonyms pronto!”

No comments:

Post a Comment