Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentines for Single People...

Considering that I believe Valentines day is a total crock, I sure celebrated it romantically.

I hear you asking "How so Ben? you're currently a single man!" my answer to you is as follows:

7.59am:
(TXT to Guy) - Hey bro, i'm @ a conference today that finishes at 5, if u don't have a valentine already do u want 2 have a drink after work? ;-)

8.02am:
(TXT to Ben) - Sounds good bro. I have just the place in mind 4 a drink. Meet me @ 530pm outside jet.

8.03am:
(TXT to Guy) - Awesome, Can do.

4.59pm:
(TXT to Guy) - I finished early where are you?

At this point I meet up with my workmate Rebecca on the street and invite her along.

5.28pm:
(TXT to Ben) - You finished early, i finished late. I will see you in 15.

Rebecca and I have a few drinks with her auntie at Jet, Guy turns up then the three of us go to this place called the 'Cavern Bar'. It has a cool Elvis/Buddy Holly/Stairway to Heaven theme thing going on - its pretty cool and the bar chick has a huge set of personalities.

Rebecca encourages us to visit the ladies toilet because there is a hilarious poster on the wall or something, surprisingly Guy has far more guts than I do and he spends a good thirty seconds in the forbidden grotto, where as I only manage a pussy ten seconds before the society’s conventions embarrassingly cause me to panic and run out of there without having taken in the full implications of the hilarious poster, to this day I am mocked.

I’m hungry, we can’t decide where to go so we set off in search of food arriving thrity seconds later next door to eat Curry cause the sign outside says “Valentines Special, Free Champagne for all Diners”. We’re appalled at the Indians running the joint so blatantly appealing to the Kiwi drinking culture, but so totally sold on the idea. The meal was fantastic, service good and the conversation better.

By the time 8.30pm rolled around we were three very happy Valentines. Rebecca and I trundled off to catch the train home seeing some quite serious (Valentine style) face munching. Now I’m not afraid of PDA, but this was ridiculous! Seriously woman did you lose something down his throat? It was kind of like a car wreck, you look away but the horror is all too intriguing. Twenty minutes of “face munching” related one-liners follow and make for a hilarious ride home, awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment