Sunday, February 19, 2006

Good Vibrations.

So it’s Friday again, and I make the trek from the valley to the city as I always do, (I get around) meeting up with G as I always do, with the intention to have a few drinks, as we always do. So far so good.

Suddenly something incredibly lucky happened, we stumbled across a restaurant named 'Luckys', and to be honest it’s rather lucky we did. A fantastically good value meal was consumed, people we knew came up to us and said hello and we formulated our plans for the evening.

Guy's friend was having a flat-warming so we hit the New World with the intention to pick up a six-pack to share. "What a stupid idea that was," we say as we eventually pick up a dozen Speights. We're buzzing as the evening is feeling very promising.

Guy's friend Kim lives up on the hill and Guy takes a wrong turn so we climb higher than we need to, but that’s okay because it just made the beer we were carrying taste better when we finally got there. The conversation is good natured and very friendly, laughs all round basically. Guy joins a cricket team - the fact that he has never bowled or batted using a real cricket ball, let alone actually donned pads and gloves doesn't matter apparently, awesome, my kind of team. (Fun, Fun, Fun).

Kim, Dana, Guy and I hit the Cavern Club. The staff recognise us and give us business cards and a discount card for the Curry place next door, (see valentines day entry) how very friendly of them. Guy says “Surprise me,” when it’s my round so of course I get Margarita's. (Kokomo).

Once we're all suitably intoxicated, one of the girls asks "Can you guys dance", Guys response to that made me laugh, "Not me, but Ben has been known to dabble". Well with an introduction like that its all on. We request a few suitable songs and the bar staff are willing. The retro surroundings make it easy for us to think we have some rat-pack cool, we're so money and we don't even know it. (Good Vibrations)

The next morning I'm in the neighbourhood so I text Amy and she’s keen for some brunch after piking on us last night, her flatmates give me coffee and apple juice which is significant as I am nursing quite a hang-over. (Help me Rhonda)

After some food the hang-over wanes away and its time to think about all things cricket as today the mighty Black Caps are playing the Calypso Kings! I.e. the West Indies. As I am completely unprepared for the day due to not going home last night I wander in to the Warehouse and find myself a very sensible hat for a very sensible price, how very sensible of me.

I meet up with Guy and Richard who are having lunch at the Occidental, they drink beer, I drink water. We meet up with Belinda and Tania at the cricket and Tania goes gaga (more than usual) over Nathan Astle cause he gets a solid 90 runs and the Calypso Kings turn in to the Collapse-o Kings and the Black Caps clean up.

I'm exhausted and in dream world by 12am. (Sloop John B)


Sorry I was listening the the Beach boys as I wrote this.

No comments:

Post a Comment