Sunday, May 07, 2006

It’s not how much we’re drinking; it’s how we’re drinking it…

My younger brothers 21st birthday was brought in, much like many “coming of age” parties, with alcohol and lots of it.

While my memory of the whole event is rather blurred; I do remember that there was drinking, singing, drinking, eating and then some more drinking and finally sleep. My recollection of the specifics… are… well… quite literally non-specific.

This is a common problem, and it actually relates to one of the founding intentions of this website. Namely, what do my binge drinking friends and I really get up to?

Fortunately for drinkers everywhere, around the 4th and 5th Centuries B.C. Chinese and Greek philosophers described the basic principles of optics and the camera, while it took a few thousand more years to perfect and implement the process at least drinkers had some hope that someday their drunken antics would be recorded for all time and therefore take their rightful place in history.

Fast forward to 2006: Now every drunken shopping trolley ride, every pass out naked on a toilet seat, and every single cock and balls permanent marker on the forehead would be recorded for all time and placed on the web for all to see.

Thebeereffect however would never quite stoop to that level but it does help to answer my earlier question concerning what my friends and I actually do; the answer, simply put, is that we have a hell of a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment