Sunday, May 14, 2006

The good times just don't stop rolling...

Went out for dinner at Chow with the folks on Friday night, food wasn’t too bad…

On Saturday it was my pleasure to be invited to what I will refer to as “Ben’s big day out”. After meeting some mates at Wellington train station we then set off to Porirua or what I will here-in refer to as “P-town”.

The weather in P-town was fantastic and this was very much a good thing as we were here for the very serious and competitive business that is Pirates Cove mini-golf. The game itself was less important than the fact that mini-golf was one of the things that I had to do before I left in case there doesn’t happen to be a course where I’m going, they’ve heard of mini-golf in Europe right? ;-)

Everyone made a credible job of throwing the game so that I could have the fairytale finish that I always wanted, this was much appreciated!


Guy at Pirates Cove

Following golf we found ourselves at Ban Mai Thai café for dinner. Spelling mistakes in the menu aside, Jared tells me the Roated Duck is pretty good.

Amy, Guy and Me at Ban Mai Thai cafe

We migrated to The Matterhorn for cocktails, the band playing was very funky, I would’ve danced or what will herein be referred to as “bipedal locomotion”, but there wasn’t much room with all the tables on the dance floor or what will herein be referred to as the “D-floor”.

Hannah givng the seductive wink

Moving on to the Cavern club the D-floor was utilised for a bit of bipedal locomotion but we mostly just sat and drank in the comfy couches.

Me and Tom-foolery

A quick visit to the Establishment signalled that it was home time. I arrived home via bus about 5.30am and promptly fell asleep dreaming of attractive women bipedaly locomoting on my D-floor.

Check out the rest of the photos here

.

2 comments:

  1. Oi, stole a couple of your pics for my blog. Hope leaving the country went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its obvious you are on your way here, the weather has turned really crappy and all the nice girls have gone into hiding. Anyway catch you on sat

    ReplyDelete