Saturday, January 14, 2006

A blast from the past...

So it was Friday the thirteenth and some totally whack shit happened, read on.

First of all can I just say that Wellington totally rocks. You simply can not argue with a
month of free concerts in the Gardens!

With a bottle of red, a chunk of brie, a pasta salad and a loaf of bread, I sat down a little sceptical at first, but was charmed by an atmosphere of good vibes. All thanks to Rebecca for the idea of course, otherwise I wouldn't have even gone.

I saw The Chandeliers/Ghostplane gig. Ghostplane started off, they do a good pop rock set, and of course everyone fell in love with their bass player, well I know I did. The Chandeliers used a bit to much keyboard for my liking but once they warmed up (and I got to the end of the bottle) I was really enjoying the vibe.

Oh yeah there are real glow worms in the botanical gardens, trippy.

A quick stop back to Rebecca's was followed by another quick stop off at the flat of some totally cool cats but I can't remember their names, they were totally solid by the way, who ever they were. Following that, I vaguely remember a sing-song walking down a hill which was cool.

And then a moment of calm ladies and Gentlemen... Yes that's right,
Beer Tower was re-visited.

Beer tower was followed by Karaoke at K-Bar. I must've been rockin cause random Polynesian people I didn't know said clichéd (but welcome) complentary things like "man you sing with passion" - which was weird, cause usually I sing with Guy.

Pete Nichols was quite a blast from the past. He's a fella that flatted with some old friends of mine; I haven't seen him in three years, never kept in contact. So anyway he generously offered to do some landscaping for me - wasn't quite sure what to say to that?

So it was Pete, me and his mate Stu, because Guy, Jann, and Rebecca left me to my own devices. After partying hard for another hour or so I ended up by myself (pretty much), I eventually made it back to Guys house a few hours later at about 7am. What transpired in those few hours however shall never be written down, lets just say I'm a bad bad man, awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment